September 18, 2012
Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Released Today
Set Commemorates Genre-Defining Franchise with Full Super Meter of Games, Video, Music, Art and Exclusive Collectibles.
SAN MATEO, Calif. – September 18, 2012 – Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the limited edition Street Fighter®25th Anniversary Collector’s Set is now available in North America. The set can be purchased on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and carries an MSRP of $149.99.
Honoring one of the most popular videogame franchises of all time, the Street Fighter 25thAnniversary Collector’s Set is a must-have for Street Fighter® video game aficionados. Created as a celebration and tribute to its fans, the limited edition set is individually numbered and jam-packed with Street Fighter games, video, art, music, and exclusive collectibles. The items are housed in a specially created chest complete with a certificate of authenticity.
The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes:
PlayStation 3 system owners will be able to download additional games and digital items at no extra charge. For details, please visit Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible.
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on PS3™ and Xbox 360, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes I am Street Fighter, a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic "Fūrinkazan" in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
For more information on the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set, please visit: http://press.capcom.com ; and Street Fighter 25th Anniversary.
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including best-selling franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom can be found on the company web site, Capcom or Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible.
Capcom, the Capcom logo, Devil May Cry, Mega Man and Resident Evil are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd. In the U.S. or other countries. Street Fighter is a registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: Capcom USA Press Team